About Hempstead Lake Indoor Tennis
- A Professional Team of Manger's and Desk Personnel to Enhance your Club Experience
- Five Deco-Turf tennis courts
- High Ceilings for those of us who us the lob...
- High output T-5 lighting provides softer, lighting
- Attractive and spacious lounge with excellent viewing area
- Our team of experienced tennis professionals offer group and private lessons for juniors and adults
- U.S. Tennis Association-approved 10 and Under Tennis Program
- Member Club of the USTA
- A Newly Renovated Party Room
A Little History of Our Club...
Hempstead Lake Indoor Tennis is proud to celebrate its 43rd anniversary on September 1, 2013. The first indoor tennis facility on Long Island's south shore, the club was built in 1970 by Michael Wind and his tennis coach, John Dunn, a well-known Long Island tennis professional and US OPEN qualifier. John Dunn later partnered with the late Paul Linner to win numerous local and national tournaments. Throughout its history, the club has been used by tennis greats such as John McEnroe and Vitas Gerulaitis, as well as the great tennis coach Ron Holmberg. It also was a regular meeting place for well-known New Yorkers including New York Knick and Basketball Hall of Famer Dave Debusschere.
Because of its central location on Long Island's south shore, the club has been used for corporate outings, birthday parties and USTA tournaments. Most recently, Hempstead Lake staff professional Bob Hoffman and his grandson won their first Grandfather and Grandson national tennis tournament at the Long Wood Cricket Club in Boston, Mass. in July, 2010.