About Hempstead Lake Indoor Tennis
- A Professional Team of Desk Personnel to Enhance your Club Experience
- Two Deco-Turf tennis courts
- High Ceilings for those of us who use the lob...
- High output T-5 lighting provides softer lighting
- Attractive and spacious lounge with excellent viewing area and TV
- Our team of experienced tennis professionals offer group and private lessons for juniors and adults
- U.S. Tennis Association approved 10 and Under Tennis Program
- Member Club of the USTA
- A Newly Renovated Party Room
- Large Dance Studio with outside lounge area and wrap-around mirror
A Little History of Our Club...
IDEAL TENNIS INC. DBA Hempstead Lake Indoor Tennis is proud to celebrate its 49th anniversary on September 1, 2019. The first indoor tennis facility on Long Island's south shore, the club was built in 1970 by Michael Wind and his tennis coach, the late John H. Dunn, a well-known Long Island tennis professional and US OPEN qualifier. John Dunn partnered with the late Paul Lynner to win numerous Eastern Sectional Tournaments and the pair played in national tournaments such as the U.S. OPEN at Forest Hills in the seventies. Throughout its history, the club has been used by tennis greats such as Billie Jean King, Virginia Wade, Sandy Mayer, John McEnroe and Vitas Gerulaitis, as well as the great tennis coach Ron Holmberg. It also was a regular meeting place for well-known New Yorkers including New York Knick and Basketball Hall of Famer Dave Debusschere.
Because of its central location on Long Island's south shore, the club has been used for corporate outings, birthday parties and USTA tournaments. Most recently, Hempstead Lake staff professional Bob Hoffman and his grandson won their first Grandfather and Grandson national tennis tournament at the Long Wood Cricket Club in Boston, Mass. in July, 2010.